Hey there! How are ya? I’m so glad it’s Friday! Now that the Bub is in school the weekends have a whole new meaning for me again. :) Can’t wait to see Hotel Transylvania – have you seen it?

I’m back with another month in review for September, and this one includes a bit of August since I only reviewed some of it in my summer recap here. I gotta say, I love recapping what I’ve done in a month – it makes those days when I feel like I didn’t get a thing done much better. :)

First up I shared some of my painting tips and the progress on the laundry room:

light gray laundry room

I need to share some more updates – it’s come a long way already! After having the washer and dryer down here for about two months now, I can safely say I LOVE having them in the basement. Yeah, I said it. :) I really do!

You all shared 140 beeeautiful family room spaces at the August Show Us Your House party. Check them all out here.

Next up was a Pinterest-inspired project – a DIY jewelry cleaner:

DIY jewelry cleaner

Love this stuff! It is so easy and works GREAT!

I replanted our window boxes in late summer and they absolutely took off!:

asparagus fern coleus window boxes

They are STILL gorgeous now, even bigger! The geraniums are dying off a bit, but you didn’t really see them much behind all that anyway. ;) I’m going to keep these in there as long as I can.

I finally completed an idea for the basement stairs that I had been dreaming up for awhile:

DIY wood planked wall dark stain

We get compliments on this wood wall from so many visitors – and I touch it every time I go down the stairs. ;)

I made a quick update to one of my favorite chairs with some upholstery tacks:

nailhead trim to dress up chair

It only took a few bucks and makes a big difference!

The September Before and After Party was rockin’ with nearly 400 awesome projects you can see here!

I shared the progress on the dining room turned library built ins in this post:

DIY built ins with bases

Remember that one time, when I said I was determined to get those done by the end of September? Yeahhhh…no. Hasn’t happened yet. Next week! For sure! (Don’t shake your head at me!)

I gave a Goodwill find a little makeover with some spray paint and Rub n’ Buff:

faux metal terrarium

That plant loves his little home – it’s grown a TON since this post.

I’ve been using plants in our home a lot more over the past six months or so and I love them! I showed you how I fill awkward spaces with them here:

decorating with plants

This one was in bad shape but it’s coming along nicely now. Lots of new sprouts!

With winter coming I decided it was time to (finally) clean out the coat closet:coat closet organization

I use drapery tie backs to organize a ton of stuff, and I showed you how I did the same in this closet.

I made some super cute tissue poofs for my sister’s wedding shower and shared the how-to here:

DIY tissue poofs

Turns out I wasn’t the last person on earth to make them! ;)

I wanted a new piece of art for the family room and found my inspiration in a Pottery Barn catalog (of course!). My version was a fraction of the cost and I love it so very much:

DIY pottery barn wood art

Just this week one of my readers shared a beautiful version she made on my Facebook page. I love it!!

Fall is here!!! And some bloggy friends and I kicked it off with a series of fall linky parties. At the first one I shared my DIY trough under the TV:

wooden box fall decor

Then I made a super quick pumpkin wreath for the patio:

pumpkin wreath firplace

And then I loved that wreath so much, I brought it inside for the fall mantel:

fall mantel decorating

We finished up the fall series at my place with easy fall decorating ideas. I shared my mini pumpkins three ways:

decorating with pumpkins

And you all linked up nearly 450 awesome projects as well! WHOO! A great party for sure! :)

Hope you have a lovely weekend! I’m hoping to pull some Halloween out, including the big blow up pumpkin for the front yard. Yeah. We’re one of those. Have you started decorating for Halloween?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top