Hello and welcome to the almost weekend! I’m doing the local Dirty Girl Mud Run with some friends tomorrow – anyone ever done one? It looks like fun, should be interesting. I just hope this cold snap breaks.

So I have a love/hate relationship with HGTV anymore. I wonder, where oh where did the decorating go? There are only so many “Hunter” shows I can take. :) I miss the regular decorating shows.

There are some that are a combo of renovations and decorating and I like a few of them – but I’ve found a new favorite. It’s called Fixer Upper and it has a horrible time slot of 11 p.m. on Thursday evenings. (C’mon HGTV, move them up!)

The show follows Magnolia Homes – Joanna and her husband Chip – as they renovate and decorate homes. I LOVE it. Other than Elbow Room it’s my favorite DIY/decor program now.

I’m sharing a few of the photos here but this is just a taste -- you’ll have to visit their site to see the extent of their work. I haven’t watched last night’s episode yet but after these photos I can’t wait! The exterior is just lovely:

Fixer Upper HGTV

And this kitchen!!:white kitchen gray cabinets

I can’t help it – I’ve fallen in love with white kitchens. Look at all that space!

I love their use of wood and natural elements in each house. The dining room incorporates wood shelves around the fireplace:

fireplace in dining room

Love the pull out wine storage too.

Here are some more chunky wood shelves at another house they did:

chalkboard wall wood shelves

Love the little bit of chalkboard accent on the background!

On one episode the house had an odd atrium in the middle. The made it into a cool outdoor eating area – love the lights hanging from the beams:

atrium

One thing that always shocks me is the prices of these homes in Texas! I thought our housing was low here in Indiana but there are some great deals down there! I’m sure that is probably just based on location, like anywhere.

Their team does an excellent job at bringing out the classic beauty of a house – the paint colors are always beautiful, the built ins are always spot on. And I love the lighting in each home as well:

wood treads white risers stairs

Just gorgeous! They mix a lot of new and old in the decor and it always comes together so well.

Their personal home is an old farmhouse they renovated and of course it’s well done as well:

planked walls Magnolia Homes

So pretty and serene:

Magnolia Homes HGTV

If you like these pics you have to check out their site – you’ll be hooked! :) Joanna also has a decorating blog here. Have you watched this show yet? Do you miss the decorating on HGTV like me?

Have a great weekend my friends! It’s currently sleeting here – seriously??

 

P.S. I have the pin it button installed but ask that you visit their site to pin any images.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top