OK my friends, have I got a tour for you today! I’ve seriously been drooling over this house since I found Nicole’s blog and I couldn’t wait to show you. It’s a stunner…save some time to look through her site because the photos I’m sharing are just a start. :)

Nicole blogs at The House Diaries and their home underwent a full renovation which resulted in some of the prettiest spaces I’ve seen. Now this wasn’t a “thrifty” transformation, but as always there are SO many details that can be recreated – which is what I love most about ogling pretty house pictures.

As I grow older wiser I am taken with simpler decor and design. I find beauty in less clutter and big statements. Nicole’s house is full of them. Her daughter’s bathroom is just beautiful, with vintage-style lights, a classic vanity and a slightly more modern floor tile:

classic white vanity bathroom

That’s one thing you’ll notice when looking at her rooms – her ability to combine the old, new, eclectic and traditional is fantastic. This smaller bathroom is another example:

white and navy bathroomI’ve been wanting to paint the vanity in the Bub’s bathroom a navy blue just like this. LOVE the contrast. I’ve also been wanting to add a window above the shower, and of course this has me sold on that too. Someday it will happen.

Again, the master bedroom is done so simply but with layers and colors that make it feel warm and cozy:

wood bed frame white bedding

They created a TON of storage space in those walls – go check it out to see it all. These are the lovely little details of an older home!

Nicole’s laundry room is the stuff dreams are made of. Seriously. At least dreams that involve laundry:

white laundry roomIt looks like they added a few windows during their renovation and I think that’s some of the best money spent. Natural light makes a home feel so bright and open. Especially important at the end of February when you’ll totally and completely over the cold and snow. Completely.

OK, I saved the best for last! And of course this room is the one I’ve been studying closely because of our kitchen reno. I freaking love her kitchen. It is stunning:

shelves under cabinets

I’ve seen the shelf under the cabinets a few times over the past few years and have been intrigued by it. A few of you suggested it for our kitchen reno and I’ve been contemplating the idea. It would involve moving the cabinets up and then installing the shelves underneath. I actually love the idea – I just can’t decide because I love the look of open cabinets above too.

Again, her mix of traditional and modern came together so well! The vintage-looking lights, planked walls and kitchen table lean more traditional. The lighter wood around the windows, the kitchen chairs and the shape of the backsplash tile are more contemporary:

planked wall kitchen

It’s when I see these spaces with the white planked walls that I wonder if I could do it. I still think I need color on the walls but man, I can appreciate the beauty of the all white. It allows you to have so much fun with accessories and fabrics (like the fun chairs!):

kitchen nook planked wallsThat huge chalkboard is so fun too. :)

Like I said, this is just a taste of her home, go check out her blog to see the rest. I just love it – her photography is so well done too.

Have a GREAT weekend, have fun and be safe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top