So Thanksgiving is only two weeks away! What in the world? And that means less than six weeks till Christmas. Ahhhhh! Are you freaking out yet?

Don’t freak out. Making these will make you feel better, I PROMISE.

I blogged about these little puffs of goodness years ago but didn’t really show them to you, so I’m dedicating a whole post to them because they are just. that. good. They would be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving feast, and are so easy to make.

Most of us have a crutch when it comes to certain foods, right? Like sweets or chips or whatever. Mine is bread. Anything bread. Buttered, toasted…any shape, any color, flavor, I’m there. And dear Lord…the rolls at Texas Roadhouse? Forget about it.

These little biscuits are SO heavenly. They taste similar to the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster. Is your mouth watering yet?

The best part is they are soooo simple. Three ingredients:

Easy biscuit recipe

One cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 package (8 oz) softened cream cheese

That’s it! Now I added a couple extras this time to amp them up even more (they don’t need anything but I like to play around with tried and true recipes).

You just mix the three ingredients together. It will be very thick:

Easy biscuit recipe

One little addition I made this time was a bit of shredded cheddar cheese. Just a sprinkle, maybe a few tablespoons?

I scooped them out on the (greased) pan using my ice cream scoop:

Ice cream scooper for baking

I use this more for baking than I do for ice cream. ;)

When I had just a bit left to scoop out, I added some dill to the mixture:

Dill in biscuits

I LOVE dill and my sis suggested it – brilliant. I only added it to the last few cause I didn’t think hubby would like them with it.

This recipe makes over a dozen biscuits because I make them smaller. When you put them on the baking sheet you can place them pretty close together because they don’t spread much while baking.

Bake them in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes and then ENJOY their buttery, crumbly goodness:

Easy biscuit recipe with cheddar

Go ahead and eat one or three right off the baking sheet. I wouldn’t know anything about that.

They are seriously amazing. I make them when we entertain and they’re always a hit. LOVE.

If you’re planning your Thanksgiving meal they would be a great addition – let me know if you try them out! :)

What are you making for your Thanksgiving feast?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top